Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

I have taken a week off. Yep. I'm in Dallas and I have no children. No farm. No hubbie. Just me and my college roomie... and my tap shoes.

I'm in Dallas for a Teachers of Dance convention. Since I'm going to attempt to teach dance again, I thought it would be wise to see what the kids are doing these days. And see if I remembered how to move. So I registered myself for this convention. It starts tomorrow. I'm nervous. I'll be surrounded by people half my age who haven't taken a hiatus from dance to have 4 children and run a pecan farm. Should be interesting.

I did leave the leotards at home, though. I'm not stepping that far out of my comfort zone.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

How exciting. I am so happy to hear that you are going to following your dreams and go through with this whole dance thing. Seriously! So many people never do what they want to and make so many excuses as to why they cant. Good for you that you were able to go forward with this. You'll do great!

Holly said...

You go girl! I know you will do great. Besides, it is two things you are great at...kids and dance. Keep me posted.

Nicole said...

Hello Nutty Mama,

I have decided to make my blog private to protect my family's privacy. Please visit this link to know more about what that means - http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42673

By doing so no one will be allowed to go to my blog and see it right away. http://www.thechroniclesofnicole.blogspot.com

You may only be granted access to my blog if I go into my settings and send you an invitation. You may also go to my blog URL and request to see it. I will then get an email and either approve or deny your request.
If you would like to continue reading my blog and I hope you do, you may send me a message and put your email in the text of the message. I will then send you an invite to view my blog. Or you can just go straight to my blog and request access.

This is all new to me and I am just figuring out how to do this so if I don't grant you access I probably just messed something up so be sure to message me again!

I hope all this wasn't too confusing and I do hope that all of you will contact me.

I don't want to lose my loyal readers I just have some folks that I would rather not have access to the details of my life. I am sure you understand! :D

God Bless!

-Nicole
http://www.thechroniclesofnicole.blogspot.com